World's Largest IT Company
Talent Optimization at the World’s Largest IT Company
The human resources division of the world’s largest IT company orchestrates massive amounts of content and information distributed across vast networks, helping this huge enterprise run efficiently. With its Opportunity Marketplace at the core of its emerging On Demand Workplace Initiative, the company depends on matching its open positions with top talent and specific skills to maintain and grow its competitive edge, company-wide.
Managers of the Opportunity Marketplace could not consistently describe thousands of categories, including job roles, job categories and related skills – in multiple languages – and enable easy access across a vast network.
The existing system did not keep pace with the company’s need to change, update and synchronize key data and get it into the right hands, at the right time.
The company chose the SchemaLogic Enterprise Suite, which met 85 percent of those requirements immediately and implemented minor upgrades to meet the remaining 15 percent.
How It Works:
As new job roles, skills and categories emerge, internal taxonomy teams and experts submit changes for approval, ensuring quality and accurate updates.
Once approved, the updates are published from SchemaServer to the company’s network of portals, data repositories and search tools, and the new information is available for use immediately.
The ability to maximize and customize information flow with regards to employees and jobs saved the company more than $680 million to date and has already rendered huge gains in productivity and efficiency. The company has what it needs to pursue new strategies, driving human resources efforts toward a 100 percent “on-demand workplace”.
Acting as a tool within the company’s existing system, the Enterprise Suite integrated the large number of categories, languages and information. Today, it is the backbone for distributing critical data to all points and people who need the information – right away.